Day Lodge No. 58, A.F. & A.M.
Day Lodge No. 58 was, according to word received from sons of the old members now deceased, first chartered in 1799 and was active until the 1930's when it went dormant. The minutes of the Lodge from 1841 until present are in the Lodge bookcase and provide an abundance of interesting and historic information.
In the publication, “Masonic Lodges Chartered by The Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of Virginia,” compiled by Most Worshipful Donald Maynard Robey, Past Grand Master, it is stated on page 57, that Day Lodge No. 58 was chartered on December 10, 1799, revived on December 10, 1816, and again on December 15, 1841. The present charter has the date December 1841.
Day Lodge is located on Main Street in the Town of Louisa on the second floor of the United Methodist Church. The deed is recorded showing ownership to be divided, first floor being for the Church and the second floor for the Lodge. A harmonious relationship has existed for these many years and many of the Lodge members were and are members of both institutions.